March 20, 2008

And More Coffee, Perhaps?

I have gotta learn to write smaller posts.

I'm having difficulty finding time to write posts again. Aside from the fact that I no longer have a dedicated internet connection as that of my previous work, things has become fast-forward in pace at the office. My boss, the executive director of CIRCA, brought back a lot of stuff from his trip in Bali, including that of a national climate change round-table discussion this coming April. So far I’ve been churning out letters here and there, asking for sponsorships from the bigger establishments in the city to informing respective government heads of the said event.

Then there’s also our entry for the DILG program proposal contest-thingy (which is worth 500 grand in grants) to do, and I have to help the Governor on his UPLB commencement speech. I still don’t know how I ended up doing that; to closest thing I ever been to a commencement address is throwing up the horns after getting my diploma onstage (Wohoo!). However, the boss says its part of me being the Communications Officer of the Centre, so I pretty much can’t argue with that.

But on the upside, at least Holy Week’s here. That means I have four day’s worth of holidays (one of the few perks of being in a Catholic-dominated country). And that also means watching the carros of the 12 Stations of the Cross being paraded again. It’s probably the only time in the year where you can see thousands of people walking in the dead of the night holding candles and following creepy-looking life-size statues around the city (Tim Burton should visit our place sometime). It just like Halloween, except without the candy and with more praying.

Now that I've got more free time, I can finally shove in a post or two. I just hope there are open internet cafés though.

No comments: